There are no events
- Fate mapping of neural stem cell niches reveals distinct origins of human cortical astrocytes 19. May 2022Progenitors of the developing human neocortex reside in the ventricular and outer subventricular zones (VZ and OSVZ, respectively). However, whether cells derived from these niches have similar developmental fates is unknown. By performing fate mapping in ...
- Human OTULIN haploinsufficiency impairs cell-intrinsic immunity to staphylococcal α-toxin 19. May 2022The molecular basis of interindividual clinical variability upon infection with Staphylococcus aureus is unclear. We describe patients with haploinsufficiency for the linear deubiquitinase OTULIN, encoded by a gene on chromosome 5p. Patients present ...
- Fractal photonic topological insulators 12. May 2022Topological insulators constitute a novel state of matter with scatter-free edge states surrounding an insulating bulk. Conventional wisdom regards the insulating bulk as essential, since the invariants describing the topological properties of the system ...
- Santiago Ramón y Cajal: art, politics and neuroscience revolution 24. May 2022Nature, Published online: 24 May 2022; doi:10.1038/d41586-022-01389-5A biography charts the rise of the father of modern neuroscience.Alison Abbott
- Open access in low-income countries — open letter on equity 24. May 2022Nature, Published online: 24 May 2022; doi:10.1038/d41586-022-01414-7Open access in low-income countries — open letter on equityFranco M. Cabrerizo
- Artificial intelligence is breaking patent law 24. May 2022Nature, Published online: 24 May 2022; doi:10.1038/d41586-022-01391-xThe patent system assumes that inventors are human. Inventions devised by machines require their own intellectual property law and an international treaty.Alexandra George
- Synapse: Spark Biomimicry Ideas 26. August 2019Synapse by Biomimicry 3.8 is an environment for our staff to share their expertise and thought leadership in biomimicry with the world. It’s our way of inviting you to join us in our awe for the natural world and discover the inspirational ways that innovators from around the world are using biomimicry to solve tough challenges, […]jessica
- Beautiful News South Africa implements Biomimicry into Town Design 27. June 2018“For us to coexist with nature I think we really need to humble ourselves and learn from nature,” Swain says. As the founder of the NPO BioWise, she uses biomimicry to create sustainable solutions to environmental problems. To see the whole article and more, check out Beautiful News South Africa’s Facebook page. The post […]austin
- Impressive Impact: 2016-2018 Cohort Grads Ready to Lead 24. April 2018The newest set of Certified Biomimicry Professionals graduated during a ceremony in Kona, Hawaii The post Impressive Impact: 2016-2018 Cohort Grads Ready to Lead appeared first on Biomimicry 3.8.jenna