There are no events
Bioinspiration & Biomimetics latest papers
- Lift enhancement of a butterfly-like flapping wing vehicle by reinforcement learning algorithm 25. May 2023In order to enhance the take-off lift of a butterfly-like flapping wing vehicle (FWV), we implemented an integrated experimental platform and applied a reinforcement learning algorithm. The vehicle, which has a wingspan of 81 cm and is mounted on a stand with a force sensor, is driven by two servos that are powered and controlled […]Min Xiong, Zhen Wei, Yunjie Yang, Qin Chen and XiYan Liu
- Fabrication and testing of bioinspired microstructured alumina composites with sacrificial interpenetrating polymer bonds 24. May 2023Bioinspired composites exhibit well-defined microstructures, where anisotropic ceramic particles are assembled and bonded by an organic matrix. However, it is difficult to fabricate these composites where both the ceramic particles and organic matrix work together to unlock toughening mechanisms, such as shear dissipation, particle rotation and interlocking, etc, that lead to stiff, strong, and tough […]Slocha Sapasakulvanit, Xin Ying Chan and Hortense Le Ferrand
- A worm-inspired robot based on origami structures driven by the magnetic field 23. May 2023With the rapid development of origami technology, worm-inspired origami robots have attracted tremendous interest owing to their colourful locomotion behaviours, such as creeping, rolling, climbing and obstacle crossing. In the present study, we aim to engineer a worm-inspired robot based on knitting process with paper, which could realize complicated functions associated large deformation and exquisite […]Yuchen Jin, Jing Li, Shiyang Liu, Gongqi Cao and Jianlin Liu
- Mid-circuit correction of correlated phase errors using an array of spectator qubits | Science 25. May 2023Scaling up invariably error-prone quantum processors is a formidable challenge. Although quantum error correction ultimately promises fault-tolerant operation, the required qubit overhead and error thresholds are daunting. In a complementary proposal, co-...
- Structures of the free and capped ends of the actin filament | Science 25. May 2023The barbed and pointed ends of the actin filament (F-actin) are the sites of growth/shrinkage and the targets of capping proteins that block subunit exchange, including CapZ at the barbed end and tropomodulin at the pointed end. We describe cryo-electron ...
- Solvated dielectrons from optical excitation: An effective source of low-energy electrons | Science 25. May 2023Low-energy electrons dissolved in liquid ammonia or aqueous media are powerful reducing agents that promote challenging reduction reactions, but can also cause radiation damage to biological tissue. Knowledge of the underlying mechanistic processes ...
- SCUM of the Earth 26. May 2023Nature, Published online: 26 May 2023; doi:10.1038/d41586-023-01725-3A question of balance.Richard A. Lovett
- Audio long read: Can giant surveys of scientists fight misinformation on COVID, climate change and more? 26. May 2023Nature, Published online: 26 May 2023; doi:10.1038/d41586-023-01706-6Hoping to improve public debate and policymaking, multiple efforts have been launched to gather researchers' consensus views.David Adam
- US will vaccinate birds against avian flu for first time — what researchers think 26. May 2023Nature, Published online: 26 May 2023; doi:10.1038/d41586-023-01760-0The country plans to vaccinate endangered condors in an effort to curb unprecedented H5N1 outbreaks.Max Kozlov
- Synapse: Spark Biomimicry Ideas 26. August 2019Synapse by Biomimicry 3.8 is an environment for our staff to share their expertise and thought leadership in biomimicry with the world. It’s our way of inviting you to join us […] The post Synapse: Spark Biomimicry Ideas appeared first on Biomimicry 3.8.jessica
- Beautiful News South Africa implements Biomimicry into Town Design 27. June 2018“For us to coexist with nature I think we really need to humble ourselves and learn from nature,” Swain says. As the founder of the NPO BioWise, she uses biomimicry […] The post Beautiful News South Africa implements Biomimicry into Town Design appeared first on Biomimicry 3.8.austin
- Impressive Impact: 2016-2018 Cohort Grads Ready to Lead 24. April 2018The newest set of Certified Biomimicry Professionals graduated during a ceremony in Kona, Hawaii The post Impressive Impact: 2016-2018 Cohort Grads Ready to Lead appeared first on Biomimicry 3.8.jenna